Don’t Let This Happen To You!
IF YOU ARE AN OUTDOORS PERSON PLEASE TAKE A BASIC SURVIVAL SKILLS COURSE. IF NOT FROM ME THEN TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE. IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE.
MY CONDOLENCES TO THE PEOPLE LOST AS CITED IN THE ARTICLES BELOW WHO DID NOT HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF SURVIVAL SKILLS. EXAMPLES OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT:
- Missing hiker found dead last year kept journal of ordeal
- Last missing hiker found dead in Zion National Park flooding
- Hiker found dead in Maine survived at least 26 days
- Lost hiker found near death in Arizona wilderness
- Hiker & Dog Rescued After 4 Days Lost
- Missing Hiker in New Hampshire Found Dead
- Appalachian Trail Hiker Found Dead
- Colorado Hiker Death
- Hiker Found Dead in California
- Two Hikers Found Dead
- Pacific Palisades Missing Hiker
- 60 hikers stranded after being abandoned in Austrian Alps
- Elderly cruise passenger spends night in bear-filled, Alaskan forest after getting left behind
I COULD GO ON AND ON WITH TODAY’S HEADLINES OF MOSTLY AVOIDABLE CASUALTIES IF THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN TRAINED IN SURVIVAL SKILLS.
DON’T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU!
Take a survival skills course and practice the skills you learn in advance.
Prepare for your outdoors experience, not just trail food and cameras, think SURVIVAL kit. Wise choices in clothing: LAYER! Reliable portable shelter like a good tent.
Make sure someone knows where you are going with maps, rendezvous points, estimated times of arrival.
Take someone with you.
Don’t rely on your cell phone. There may be no cell phone towers in area and getting up to a higher elevation does not necessarily guarantee a signal either. GPS device that does not rely on cell phone system is a better alternative. Have an extra battery for it though.